Saturday, January 17, 2009

Grandma's Poem

Grandma’s Poem

Yesterday we laid her to rest at her final resting place.

She's gone to see Jesus, gone to touch his face.
A woman with a heart of gold with a lot of love to give
taken to a better place among angels where she can live,
She feels no more hurting and feels no more pain
she doesn't have to think she is a burden and causing so much strain.
She is free to fly above us watching over you and me
And I know she’s up there watching who I turn out to be.
She will always be with me in my soul, my mind, my heart,
I will carry her for always we will never be apart.
And the memories she gave me will always stay with me
and bring back happy times of who she used to be.
She was such a caring woman, brave and very strong,
She didn't have a problem telling you when you were wrong
She put up with a lot and never did she complain
Even when it was a lot of work for one woman to maintain.
She gave to her family and served her husband right
And even when he teased her she wouldn't back down the fight.
She wasn't afraid to say what was ever on her mind
And if you didn't behave she put the belt to your behind
She was a true example of a woman and who I would like to be
And I am glad she is my Grandma and that forever she will be with me.

I will miss you but love you and never forget you.

Rest With God I will see you again.

P.S. Grandma it never mattered who your favorite was. It only mattered that you were our favorite GRANDMA!

Love Always,
Tracey Puleo Longworth

No comments: